Downloadable Books and Videos
Guilderland Public Library has a digital media collection! That means you can find audiobooks, eBooks, and even videos right here on the Library website– and you can access them from your home computer. All you need is your library card and a computer with an internet connection.
- Your choice of a 7-, 14-, or 21-day
- You can reserve titles that are checked out.
- Always Available Audiobooks: a collection of audiobooks that are always available—no wait!
- Audiobooks can be transferred to compatible portable devices, and some can be burned to a CD. Most titles are now iPod compatible!
- Overdrive's free software helps you manage your files—burn them to a CD, transfer them to a portable device, or listen right on your computer.
- See the complete list of compatible devices.
- Watch some videos explaining how to get started with Overdrive.
- Grab your library card and start browsing our collection!
Attention NetLibrary users: None of the Upper Hudson Libraries
are currently maintaining subscriptions to NetLibrary.
Have a Kindle?
Find free Kindle-compatible titles at manybooks.net. You can also find titles for Sony Readers, iPods, and many other ebook readers.
The Guilderland Public Library cannot provide technical support for personal computers, software, or any portable devices. If you have problems with any of these, please contact the manufacturer. The library does not endorse any brand or type of portable device or audio software.
If you have any questions about Overdrive, ask a Librarian! Call Adult Services at 456-2400 x7, or send us an email.
A Playaway is a mini audio player that comes preloaded with a single book. All you need to do is turn it on and listen! Use your own headphones, or purchase earbuds at the Circulation Desk for $1 a pair. Find the Playaways shelved with our audiobook collection- just look for the Playaway sticker!
Last Updated: 5/10/12